12 Steps to Buying a Home
If you’re ready to buy real estate in Lake Norman, I’m here to help.
Unlike purchasing something at the store, you can’t simply find the home you want to buy and head up to a cash register to buy it. Instead, there is a process you have to follow when you buy real estate, and I am here to help you navigate every step. Generally speaking, when you buy real estate in the Lake Norman, North Carolina area, the process involves 12 key steps:
- You reach out to me and let me know you’re interested in buying a home.
- We work together to determine what your needs and priorities are.
- You get preapproved for a mortgage so your offer is taken more seriously by sellers.
- We start the search for your new home based on your needs, priorities, and price range.
- We analyze listings together to determine if they are the right fit.
- After you find the perfect home, you put in an offer on it.
- We negotiate with the sellers.
- All contingencies are settled, and home, pest, and other reviews of the property are performed.
- You return to your lender to get your mortgage approved.
- You secure title insurance for the property.
- You attend a pre-closing inspection to make sure the home is ready to purchase.
- You close on your home and get ready to move in.
If you’re overwhelmed by all of the steps it takes to buy real estate, don’t worry! I will be there to help every step of the way. To find out more, give me, Chris Kirkman, a call today.